Proactiv Solution - Proactive is a Scam and Fraud.....

Dec 24, 2009
review #165515

Such a Fraud is this Pro Active Not Solution.I do not know where to start...May be with this that this product Sucks.Do Not Buy it....Then may be that they make me a member of there So Called Membership program and try to charge me every month the amount of 37.94 for product that I did Not want. I call them so many times to cancel that and ask for my money was fight for weeks...I want informe you Do Not buy this product there are going to take your money so many times.*** Proactive is a Scam....

984a88b
Had an experience with Proactiv Solution?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Frank

Sep 04

Yeah, I got a thing in the mail and figured I would give it a try. Now I have a recurring charge on my credit card, I read in detail everything through the order process. There was nothing that told me this would be recurring, and the only thing I am allowed to change on my account page is the address. The credit card information is locked in and grey, the only thing I can do is give them another credit card. Yeah right, like I would do that... Now I have to call AGAIN because they did not remove my card information, when they said it was done. And I just know they are going to hit it again in three weeks.

guy

Jul 04

i ordered online for what i thought was the 1 month supply i got charged $32.00 i thought that was it but then i got charged again the next month and received a 2nd package i called and cancelled but never got a return form to send the package back and get my money back i called like 5 times and they said they were gonna email me but i never got the email one guy said i was gonna get send a letter for return but when i got it it was not a return form just a confirmation that i cancelled my account. I called again mad as *** and lady told me i dont need a code or anything to return just the address that she gave me which was a load of BS. Then i got charged again after i have cancelled and they told me i would pay 3 separate payments for the 2nd package that i haven't even opened yet cause its supposely a 90 day package even though it looks exactly the same as the 1st package i got. Now im waiting for a return form their gonna send me so i can finally send the package back and get all the money i lost back i just hope they dont charge me again because i been reading alot of *** and i just lost my job and thanks to proactive i have -$25.00 on my card and their gonna keep on raping my card even after i cancelled. i Never been this angry i swear i feel like killing them this aint a good bussiness at all its a scam and their gonna rape your card.

WenGirl

Apr 17

There is nothing on their website when ordering that alerts you of their automatic reoccurring subscription plan. This is a scam, everyone should be filing an online complaint with the BBB (Better Business Burean) for a full refund.
This company and it's dishonest tactics must be put out of business

Mad

Dec 18, 2013

they charged me shipments i never receive and i already cancel a few months ago Now ther calling me about sending me to court but i cancel :(

Piotr

Jan 05, 2013 Flushing, New York

They hang up (!) when you call the customer service , saying "sir, you are breaking up" and the website feedback never works. As for my order- I paid 29.99, they signed me up for reaccuring charges and NEVER shipped the original order !!!!! Got refund from my credit card.

Also Pissed

Dec 06, 2012 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Once they get their hands on your credit card or paypal info, you're done. It is a SCAM! It works somewhat, but not worth the aggravation! They charge for shipments that I never received and when I called they said they would send me a refund check. 3 weeks later, I call again, he says the check is in the mail and tells me amount of $37. It is supposed to be $47. So he says he'll put in to send another check for $10. I asked him why I haven't even received the first check and he said they mailed it 12 days ago. Um, noooo way. Mail does not take that long. He says it will take two to three weeks. Really? I asked if it was submitted 12 days ago, when did they actually mail it, put it in the USPS mail? He is evasive, then lies and said they put it in 12 days ago. They are liars and rely upon the fact that a lot of people don't check their accounts to see that the charges with no merchandise. TOTAL SCAM!!!!!

kristen

Dec 05, 2012

it is a scam. they pretend it takes 3 days to upload your order so you forget to cancel. Their online chat is terrible - the post written above sounds like it was written by a Proactiv representative.

Maira

Oct 04, 2012

Proactive is awesome. I worked for my when I was deployed and broke out because or the horrible watter. After a while your face gets used to it and stops working so you need to use something else and then you can go back to Proactive.
To avoid extra Fees just go to the Kioask in a mall and buy it from there, you dont have to wait nor deal with the operator.

Jill H

Sep 26, 2012

they are a complete scam. I ordered once and they kept sending me the product and charged my Credit card. I have not received my $ back after calling Proactive CS and cancelling an order I never did.

F%&^** Scammers!

Mae

Sep 23, 2012

My Chat with proactiv

Proactiv: Thank you for your inquiry. Please wait while we connect you with a specialist.
Proactiv: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.
Proactiv: Thank you for your patience. Please hold for the next available live chat agent.
Proactiv: Hello, my name is Lisa. I am sorry you wish to cancel. May I ask who am I chatting with today?

You: This is maegen

Proactiv: Meagen, I would like to thank you for being a valued Proactiv member and I am sorry you wish to cancel your account. May I please have your
... Show more

Gary

Sep 13, 2012

Proactive is the biggest piece of *** company. I had my credit card information stolen and the person purchased proactive. I called proactive and let them know that I had put in a stollen card claim and they just resubmitted the charge again so they would get paid. What a piece of *** company......

Iceman24

Aug 26, 2012

:( The 1st clue are their "iconic/perfect skin" sponsors who have $$$ up the wazoo to afford the best skincare $$$ can buy. Do you really think they put a $30/month product on their face. Think again!

:x The 2nd clue is their "Activmember" program where you're "forced" to join to get the 1st deal (hook/line/sinker) & then it's $30/month from there until you "fight the power" & finally get out of their cult.

Don't walk - RUN from Proactiv, or see your local Dermitologist for the correct "medical" solution/advice.

Aug 23, 2012

Doesn't work, causes skin problems, the "representatives" aka robots aren't helpful Example: I asked what to do if my skin got dry and got red and the moisturizer wasn't working if there was anything else I could do and the dam robot said "sorry to hear that" and then the chat shut off!!! WTF! :( :( :(

ALL TV AD's WARNING!

Jul 28, 2012

Think twice before ordering anything from TV or internet... This is where we have beocme to lazy to go shopping. Shoppping at a regular salon or department store will give you the satisfaction you need. They have REAL live AMERICAN HUMAN'S working... NOT people from call centers all over the world... The Scam is THICK, from beaty supplies with celebrity names (usually FAKE) to proactive (that can work) but the charges will continue on your card... or reuin your CREDIT. Even if you don't order it and order something like Kerinique which has the same 30 day return... even if you cancel, they claim they can ruin your credit even IF YOU DIDN'T order it... What happens when someone who really has it in for you orders this *** on your behalf and the next thing you know you have ten strickes on your Credit report ebcause they used a purchased visa from RiteAid? They have your name, and your address... They don't need your SS# to put bad marks on your credit- or harasss you into submitting to a forever contract... Products on TV or ONLINE only... Are scams. Those get rich quick books and DVD's.... SCAMS. Check their address, make sure they are not a mailboxes etc type store... This also is a fact for those *** lottery winning letters you might get from a compnay c;laining you are RICH and for 20.00 you can get their list... ALL LEGAL and ALL a SCAM.... Simple. If it seems to good to be true it probably is. From someone who knows and owns a mailbox store...I have seen it... Show more

proactive gave me herpies

Jul 10, 2012

they are super dodgy and if u wanted to get rid of pimple and acne go see a dermatoligest and they will tell u that proactive is a scam made to make a few people rich and pray on peoples insequirites, so in the long run dont use it dont order it and tell ure friends family and any 1 u care for to stay clear

Corey

Jun 30, 2012

I did not order this and it showed up on my debit card account.. I did not want or authorize this on my card. I dont know how they got my card but I will put a stop to them. :(

Kim

Jun 25, 2012

Proactiv is not a scam everything is explained to you upon ordering you see it several times before you order! You have to click to terms and agreements so you have to "agree" to the subscription. It is 19.95 per month and you get sent a 3 month supply therefore the 67.00 that is 19.95 times 3 plus shipping and handling. IF you order the deluxe system it is 29.95 per month plus shipping. Not that hard to understand and read!Sorry people go back and look at the website again and read it tells you before you click on anything right beside the picture of what you are ordering! It is not watered down! I love the products been using them for about 2 months my face is clear!

0 1 Reply
READ1ST

Jan 27, 2013 Los Banos, California

YES IT IS 19.95 TRIAL PERIOD THEN U LOCK IN THAT PRICE PLUS 7.99 FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING AFTER THE TRIAL PERIOD IS OVER 19.95+19
95+19.95 IS FOR 90DAY SUPPLY + 7.99 = 67.84 SIMPLE ALSO YOU SHOULD ALWAYS MAIL IN A MONEY ORDER NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD # ON ITEMS LIKE PROACTIVE ESPECIALLY IF YOU DONT KNOW IF THE PRODUCT REALLY WORKS. SO DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT BEING SCAMMED :p AND REMEMBER TO LOOK BEFORE UOU LEAP. AND IF U DECIDED TO GET THE TEEN/DELUXE KIT WHICH IS 29.95 BEFORE TESTING THE PRODUCT OUT THAT WAS DUMB. NOW LOOK AT U IM NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN BUT ITS IN BLACK AND WHITE WHAT THE TERMS WERE U JUST DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO CAREFULLY READ WHAT U SIGNED UP FOR. AMD EXERCISING EATING RIGHT AND DRINKING LOTS OF WATER INSTEAD OF SODA AND JUICE IS A NATURAL CURE FOR FIGHTING ACNE :x

1 0 Reply
Rebecca.

Jun 13, 2012

If you read on the website, they clearly explain to you that you will be paying for your first payment at a lower price and then the price is 30.00 a month after that. They send you a 90 day supply, meaning that you are charged for the three months. 90.00. You must also pay shipping, just like everything else that is sent to you. 10.00. If you do the math correctly you are charged approximately 100 dollars every three months. If you don't read everything and understand it before you buy it you can't complain and talk about how it is a "scam" They clearly tell you what you will pay. As with the product itself, I've been using it for years and it completely 100% works for me. Everyones skin is different.

1-20 of 132 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Proactiv Solution.
Filing a new complaint about
×