Proactiv Solution - Proactiv "Trial Offer" is a scam
Proactive Solution constantly advertises their "risk-free trial" of their three top-selling products for $19.95, which seems reasonable.I ordered the "trial" over the phone giving my card number for the $19.95 + shipping total.
I received the trial product and it was just OK, nothing special about it - didn't work any differently than anything else on the market. I would not have ordered any more Proactiv products as they are expensive and not worth it. The following month, I received a bill in the mail for $49.95 + shipping indicating that this was to pay for my first shipment of Proactiv. I contacted them to ask about this charge and was told that I had "joined their membership" by ordering the "risk-free trial" and that once per month I was now going to be billed that amount to pay for a "monthly supply" of Proactiv.
I informed that that I had never agreed to joining their membership and to cancel it immediately, which they said they did and sent me a cancellation notification. Seemed OK until I received a letter from a collection agency informing me that my payment of $49.95 + shipping was long overdue. A collection agency? So I once again contacted Proactiv who told me that in order for them to call off the collections agency, I had to mail back the shipment to them.
I asked if they meant the "trial" shipment that I had already paid for and they said no, the first shipment of my monthly membership. I told them I had never received anything else from them other than the original "trial" package which they had already charged $19.95 + shipping to my credit card for. This went on for months and I kept telling them I never received anything to send back to them. All I kept getting were more letters from the collection agency, who in turn reported this to the credit bureau.
Because it is almost impossible to purchase anything, like a car, house, etc., with a negative on your credit report, I finally had to send Proactiv a check for this amount for a product I never received from them.
If you want to keep a good credit score, don't purchase ANYTHING from Proactiv.Also, their products simply aren't worth the money they think they are.116c99f4 review #188990
You may also like
- "I was a professional model with beautiful long natural hair. After using this product my scalp and face broke out in boils and my hair fell out in chunks. This..."
- "This company is only selling the led light. That's the only thing that works. The gel polish-(total rubbish). The minute I applied it, it ran down my fingers. At first..."
- "I received the creams on a free trial offer .. Ordered on 21 December by the 6 January two payments of £97.95 was taken from my bank Halifax / lloydsbanking..."
- "When seeing a $149.50 bill on my credit card for supposed sample kit for $5.95. I notified my bank about the charge then went to the site to question the..."
- "I had a car accident & had stress. I came for massage, but, he take me to his room; snap & dislocated my back vertebras, damaged cartilages; twisted both hip..."
- "I purchased a pair of Steve Madden Shoes several years ago but never had the opportunity to wear them until today...they fit to perfection but they literally fell apart as..."
- "hello! my name is iqunelda white. i am a new proud parent of a now 7 month old baby girl! in October of 2009 i was contacted by a..."
- "Last year I met a guy at a business mixer who chatted with me for a minute or two and then immediately asked me if i was looking for work..."
- "The Pulte home I purchased has serious water problems. Whenever it rains (or snows), the sump pump works continuously to pump water out of my basement. The volume..."